Requirements for this integration: Use Google Slides as your presentation editor, send emails through SendGrid, and reach out to your Matik representative to gain access to the integration.
Once you meet the requirements above, follow these steps to attach your Matik-generated content to prospect and customer emails.
- First, create an email template in SendGrid, if one does not already exist.
- In Matik, select the presentation template you want to attach to that email and leverage the bulk generation functionality to create personalized versions for the accounts you want to email. Click here to learn more about bulk generating Matik content.
- Once your content is finished generating, Matik will send you an email with a link to all of the generated presentations.
- Next, navigate to app.matik.io/email, where you will see this form:
- In this form, first enter your SendGrid API Key, which you can find by navigating to Email API > Integration Guide in your SendGrid account.
- Enter your SendGrid email template’s Template ID. This can be found in SendGrid by navigating to Email API > Dynamic Templates and expanding the record for the email template you want to use.
- Then, paste this Template ID into the Dynamic Template ID field in Matik. See the example below for reference.
- Next, fill out the email address and name you would like the emails to be sent from, as well as the attachment name (this is what Matik will name your presentation attachments when adding them to your emails). You can only choose one attachment name.
- Lastly, head back to your email and open the Google Slides presentations you generated via Matik for this email blast. Pull a list of the Google Slides file IDs into one column of a CSV, and then map each row to the email addresses of the intended recipients of those presentations.
- The file ID column’s header should read “ID” and the email address column’s header should read “emailAddress”. The File ID can be found in the URL of your Google Slides presentation.
Here is an example URL: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MD3yw2YKy2Ao95G0kSkV4auIzRNWy99EzqUHpocV4Wk/edit#slide=id.p
Therefore, the file ID for this Google presentation is: 1MD3yw2YKy2Ao95G0kSkV4auIzRNWy99EzqUHpocV4Wk
Check out this sample CSV template for reference.
When you click “Send Email,” Matik will immediately send all of the emails one by one to each recipient, attaching the Matik-generated presentations to each SendGrid email as PDFs. Make sure only to click this “Send Email” button once to avoid duplicate sending.
If you want to test this before sending, first upload a CSV with a single Google Slides file ID mapped to a test email and press “Send Email.” Make sure any edits are made before going back in and uploading the final CSV with a list of your prospects and customers.