Our Looker integration offers a simple point-and-click wizard to pull in data from your published dashboards. Once you have connected Looker as a data source, you will go through a wizard as seen above. Please note: The connected account should have read access to required dashboards. We recommend having fewer than 50 dashboards visible to that account to prevent slow loading.
Start by naming your content, giving it a description, and adding any tags as necessary. Then select Looker as the data source.
Scroll down and select whether you want to connect to a dashboard or a model and then specify which dashboard or model you want to pull data from. If you select a dashboard, you will be prompted to select a dashboard query (this is an element on that particular dashboard).
Once you select a dashboard query, Matik will automatically fill in the underlying fields that power that element on the dashboard. You can edit this by selecting and deselecting fields to further customize your content. The fields available to customize are listed below.
Note: You may need to whitelist our IP address (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168), if you use a VPN to connect to this data source.
- Filter: Adds filters to the data. These are the inputs that end users will have to populate in order for Matik to pull this data (i.e.
- If no filters are specified, filters currently applied to your Looker dashboard will be applied.
- Dates can be filtered by using all relative date formats available in Looker. (e.g. date_time = last year)
- Sorting: Adds sorting criteria to choose how you want your data to be ordered.
- Pivot: Selects a field in the underlying query by which to pivot the data.
- Result size: Applies a limit to the amount of data returned.
- Timezone: Chooses a timezone for the query data if needed.
- Fields: Selects the fields from the underlying query that the user wants Matik to return.
- By default, all fields in the dashboard are selected.
- Rename any field by clicking on the field name and typing in a new field alias.
- Apply Looker Formatting: Selecting this toggle applies the current Looker field formatting to the output of data pulled by/in Matik.
Check out the video below to learn more about how to create dynamic content using Looker as a data source.